Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gone with the Wind

So I watched Gone with the Wind again the last few days (due to the super long length of the movie) and got a completely different perspective. In high school (side note: I watched the movie in high school on VHS because my Grandma just wouldn't stop until I watched the movie haha) I hated the movie. I thought what kind of movie goes on for that long and doesn't have a happy ending? If they were made for each other why didn't they work through their problems. Well, SEVERAL years later I watch the movie again and my eyes are open to see what I feel the movie was about. You have this chick, Scarlett who is the rudest, most selfish GIRL whom does not care at all about honor and chivalry who gets what is coming to her. She treats everyone around her horribly and in the end she is alone. Due to recent events I love this ending. I am rather, well, pissed off at God right now for what has been happening in my life. I am a good person, I work hard, I try to always do the right thing, I'm a good friend, daughter and now wife and yet horrible crap keeps happening. It's like when we were going through the cancer treatments and every time something good happened right around the corner something bad. Not just with cancer, that just seemed like my last two years have been. Don't get me wrong I completely understand that I have had amazing things happen. I found and married my soul mate, my mom was able to live until my wedding, I found a school that I absolutely love and love the staff and students even more. I have started figuring out how I want the rest of my life to look. I know all of those things and I remind myself of them all the time (cue in "Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music). It's just hard when the other parts, the hard parts just seem to weigh me down more. The point is, it was nice to see in the movie how good things happened to good people and bad things happened to bad people (yes I know not for all characters just go with me on this). It was very black and white to me in Scarlett's case and sometimes it's just nice to see things that clearly. Would be wonderful if life was that way, but then again we wouldn't see the blues, greens, purples, yellows and anything else bright and happy. You have to have the darkness to appreciate the brightness right?

Sorry for the anger in this post... I didn't realize that was all going to come out. Thanks for reading folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment